Why a counselling service?
In each of our lives, there are times when we are overwhelmed by grief, pain or inner turmoil. At these times we need someone to stand alongside us and help us. In the New Testament book of Galatians (6.2), we are instructed, “to bear one anothers burdens”.
We need to effectively meet the challenges of life. We stand in support with those who are experiencing special needs in times of concern, conflict, or crisis.
Who can make use of these services?
This service is available to ALL who might need help, regardless of religious affiliation, race, age or status.
Basic beliefs that form the foundation of the counselling service:
- People are created in Gods image and have the potential to live full and meaningful lives with Gods help.
- The bible serves as our authoritive framework to understand the plan of God for meaningful life (2 Timothy 3.16-17)
- People have physical, cognitive emotional and spiritual needs.
- Lay counselling for various issues
- Support in crisis situations
- A place to explore situations and problems objectively
- Emotional support for long-term or chronic problems
- Confidentiality and privacy
- Educational resources for handling more effectively a variety of human concerns
- Referrals to professionals for those who may seek or need further help
- Support groups
- We are able to offer counselling in the following areas:Personal, marital, relational, divorce, family grief chronic illness, financial crisis, alcohol and drug dependency and similar areas.We are NOT professional counsellors. We do not claim to have all the answers. But we gladly offer our experience, resources, and support to those seeking to live more effectively.When as lay counsellors, we are not equipped to meet the needs of the counsellee, we are able to refer you to appropriate agencies or professionals.
- A commitment to make and keep appointments (please cancel if you cannot keep your appointment).
- A commitment to work with the counsellor, to be open, to learn and to grow.
There are no charges for this service, but donations are most welcome.